Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

IP Help Reflection #1

So for my first IP Help, I helped DeAundre Cola with his Sophomore Movie Night. The Movie Night was held in Mrs. Fitz room (rm. 22) and he was showing Baby Momma. DeAundre needed some help with setting up and advertising for his event. With the help of Mohamed Hersi, Gabby Terrazas and myself we were able to help DeAundre with a successful Sophomore Movie Night!
The way that I participated to help DeAundre was getting the word out to people about the event! I told many of the sophomores that I knew around the school to attract their interests into participating in the event. I also helped by making many big posters to hang around the school to catch the eye of the other sophomores that I probably missed when attempting to get the word out. The poster making process was a fast process that only took a day to make and hang around the school. The upfront conversations with the sophomores took a little more time because a lot of sophomores would say that they would go, but by the look on their faces it looked like a "maybe" or a "Okay I get it, can you get outta my face now" kind of look.
The other way I helped DeAundre was setting up and cleaning up, sadly it was only me and him to help set up and clean up after the event. We had to move the desks to make a giant center for all the sophomores to come to watch the movie. Bring in snacks such as soda, pizza, chips, popcorn, cookies, you name it! And after all of that was done we had to clean up and put everything away.
That is basically what I have done to help Mr. Cola have a successful Sophomore Movie Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment