Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2nd Help Reflection

The Second group that I have helped were Derric Smith and Jorge Delgado with their basketball tournament that they had earlier in the year. Their project was to have a basketball tournament during our lunch break and the winner of the Tournament would get class spirit points! I helped with this project by walking to each classroom during 7th period and advertising it. Telling people to come to the cafeteria with a team of 5 so that they can run a full game! I also helped give my opinion on how the tournament worked out, like saying that they should have a class tournament after they figure out which one of the two teams from each class year won to have a whole school tournament. Meaning, Freshman Team, Sophomore Team, Junior Team and a Senior Team. And from that, the winner wins the whole tournament. Sadly the Freshman Team ended up winning. I believe Casey Chandler (Senior), and 4 other freshman that we rounded up won the tournament. Their weren't many Lower class-man that participated in this event, but it still turned out to be a success. I also helped out by participating and gathering up a Junior Team. My team consisted of Tekle Bishaw, Mohamed Hersey, Jessy Kharbanda, Collins Mbugua, Aldegundo Santigo (sub)and Me. Our Team made it to the finals of the Tournament, but sadly lost to Casey Chandler and his Freshman Team. The Tournament was a fun experiance and I had fun helping out and also participating in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment