Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Extra Credit Assignment

I was given the chance this semester to be a Peer Mentor for Mr. Wright's 6th Grade P.E. class. I was with Drew Hidalgo and Karan Grewal everytime I went to North Hill on Thursdays. The things that we would do with the kids at North Hill were, evaluate them on their behavior during class time and interacting with them during games. I feel like I grew as a person because I learned from the 6th Graders is to just have fun, and relax. The kids at North Hill were just so calm every time that I saw them and I feel like I should be more like them, and learn to enjoy whatever situation is brought to me and not to think of it as something stupid or something that I would not enjoy.
Some of the little things that made me sad about going over there every week was even through three straight months of going over there, none of the kids remembered my name :( lol. I am going to enjoy coming back to North Hill for the second semester because I will be the only one out of the three of the other people that is staying in the Gym and helping Mr. Wright, and I hope that maybe this semester the kids will learn to like me and learn my name! I would actually like to keep my position at working in the Gym during Peer Mentoring time, I like where I am at, Mr. Wright is hilarious, the games the kids play are fun, and I have a blast staying there and watching over the kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment