Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where I am Now (Blog 8)

Currently right now I am getting ready to lead my first Independent Project with my two co-leaders Kawehi and Corrigan. I believe the only thing that we would really need is a couple people saying that they would like to help and contribute supplies. Things like rakes, shovels, wheelbarrels, etc would be very helpful. This project will be good because whoever helps can also get community service from doing this. The only thing we really need to do now is set a time and date on when we are going to finish this project, mostly this project is going to be done sometime next week.
Mine and Kawehi's second leadership project should be coming soon. We plan on putting a new basketball hoop and nets on the basketball hoop outside in the students' parking lot. We got our proposal excepted on Thursday and ASB said that they will be happy to help us pay for the new hoop and the net. This project will get started immediately after the hoop and net gets ordered and comes here.
Besides the two projects that I'm co-leading I have also helped out many students with their Leadership projects.
I helped out Emily Chuun with her bowling project by helping getting the word out, selling tickets and even participating in the event.
I helped Derric Smith and Jorge Delgado with their basketball tournament project by helping to get the word out, surveying the school to see if it was a good idea, finding my team of 5 people and participating in the event.
I helped Molly Walsh with her project by organizing the candy grams notes with their advisories, sticking the candies to the candy gram notes and passing them out to their advisories.
I also helped out Karan Grewal with his project many times by getting the word out and participating in them. Like the dodgeball, basketball, and football tournaments that are always held on thursdays during Intramurals Club.
So far those are the people that I have helped with their leadership projects, I can still help out more people if needed, but as for now I am happy that I helped out as many people as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment